Cresco Labs (CSE:CL) (OTCQX:CRLBF) (“Cresco Labs” or the “Company”), a vertically integrated multistate operator and the number one U.S. wholesaler of branded cannabis products and Bluma Wellness Inc. (“Bluma Wellness”), a vertically integrated operator in Florida, today announced the closing of the Company’s previously announced acquisition of Bluma Wellness.
– Cresco Labs now has meaningful operations in 10 states.
– The Company’s footprint includes all 7 of the top-10 most populated states in the country with cannabis programs.
– Florida, with more than 525,0001 medical cannabis patients and a state population greater than 21 million people, represents one of the largest absolute growth opportunities among cannabis markets.
– Bluma Wellness’ competitive advantages in Florida include one of the state’s only cultivation facilities producing ultra-premium quality flower as well as a differentiated retail model including strategic, high-volume storefronts and an omnichannel sales platform.
– Operations include 8 dispensaries strategically located around the state, offering same-day delivery and curbside pickup. 7 more dispensaries are currently in permitting and/or are under construction.
– 54,000ft2 of cultivation in Indiantown is currently under expansion and will continue to deliver premium craft flower at greater scale to support additional store openings and expanded product offerings.
“The closing today represents yet another strategic acquisition in a top-5 market that is true to our strategy – building the most strategic geographic footprint and achieving material market share positions within each state. Cresco Labs and Bluma Wellness have proven track records of operational execution and together have key advantages for growth and a clear pathway to scale. We look forward to amplifying operations and executing our playbook in Florida this year and in the years to come.” said Charlie Bachtell, CEO and Co-Founder of Cresco Labs.
“We couldn’t be more excited to begin working with Cresco Labs to execute our shared vision for aggressive expansion in Florida,” said Brady Cobb, CEO of Bluma Wellness. “Cresco’s deep operational efficiency and relentless focus on quality, combined with Bluma’s best-in-state cultivation operations and innovative approach to retail, creates the perfect operating environment for our continued success in Florida.”
The acquisition was completed by way of a plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) under the provisions of the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia). Pursuant to the terms of the Arrangement, holders of common shares of Bluma Wellness (“Bluma Shares”) received 0.0859 subordinate voting shares of Cresco Labs (“Cresco Shares”) for each Bluma Share held. In total, Cresco Labs acquired 184,814,281 Bluma Shares, representing all of the issued and outstanding Bluma Shares, in exchange for 15,875,449 Cresco Shares.
It is anticipated that the Bluma Shares will be delisted from the Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) as of the close of trading on April 14, 2021, and Bluma intends to submit an application to the applicable securities regulators to cease to be a reporting issuer and to terminate its public reporting obligations.
Pursuant to the letter of transmittal mailed to shareholders of Bluma Wellness as part of the materials in connection with the special meeting of Bluma Wellness shareholders held on March 19, 2021, in order to receive the portion of the Cresco Shares to which they are entitled, registered holders of Bluma Shares are required to deposit their share certificate(s) or DRS statements representing their Bluma Shares, together with a duly completed letter of transmittal, with Odyssey Trust Company, the depositary under the Arrangement. Shareholders whose Bluma Shares are registered in the name of a broker, dealer, bank, trust company or other nominee must contact their nominee to deposit their Bluma Shares.
About Cresco Labs Inc.
Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically integrated multistate cannabis operators in the United States, with a mission to normalize and professionalize the cannabis industry. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach, Cresco Labs is the largest wholesaler of branded cannabis products in the U.S. Its brands are designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and comprised of some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, High Supply, Mindy’s Edibles, Good News, Remedi, Wonder Wellness Co. and FloraCal Farms. Sunnyside, Cresco Labs’ national dispensary brand, is a wellness-focused retailer created to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco Labs operates the industry’s largest Social Equity and Educational Development initiative, SEED, which was established to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work and own businesses in the cannabis industry. Learn more about Cresco Labs at www.crescolabs.com.